|Singer Naira Marley|
Naira Marleys' case is currently the hottest gist around and outside the entertainment industry as we speak.
The artiste was present in court for the first time earlier this week since his arrest by the EFCC on Friday 10th of May, 2019 in connection with an internet fraud alongside Ibile Zlatan and three others.
However, the case took another dimension when four of the five guys arrested were released including Zlatan with Naira Marley left remanded in custody. Reports has it that the reason behind this is because the evidence found against Naira is one that is strong and overwhelming, making it difficult for him to be released.
Reports later came out that the EFCC has filed 11 count charges against the singer in which he pleaded not guilty to, in court earlier this week.
Meanwhile, there are reports by a section of the media about Naira’s case not being a serious one, which means he will be eventually free soon. However, it looks and seems differently from those opinions as the case might just be a more serious one than what is being assumed.
There are about five reasons highlighted below why we think Naira Marley’s case might just be a serious one which might gainsay his freedom for a very long time.
- While appearing in court earlier this week, N Marley looked really cold, worried and devoured of any iota of enthusiasm.
- Naira Marley's mom was spotted crying in the court premises where her son was been arraigned. This is a serious sign that the case might be getting tough.
- Naira Marley’s case might be the subject of some ‘underground’ power houses in the judicial sphere who want him nailed to the cross and used as a scape-goat to serve as a lesson for others to learn.
- Naira’s high history of arrest in the United Kingdom might portray him as a thorough criminal to the Nigerian Judicial council, thereby increasing their thirst to seeing the singer jailed.
- Naira’s past ‘claim of immunity’ to the law in the lyrics of his song (“Am i a yahoo boy”) could send him really down the drain.